The essential skills you need to lead, organise and motivate a team
Who are these qualifications for?
These qualifications are designed to help improve your performance as a team member and help you make the transition from working in a team to leading a team. If you are already a practicing team leader, this course will help you be more effective and confident in your role.
This qualification can be completed at two levels, as an Award or a Certificate. The units in this qualification cover a wide range of skills and knowledge and enable the learner to select those units which best suit their interests and requirements.
This can include units that focus on:
- Interpersonal Communication and techniques, getting your message across and how to brief a team
- Working with people, including ways in which you can help your team improve
- How to self-manage and develop as a team leader, providing strong direction and leadership
- The essential skills and competencies in getting results, from problem-solving to planning and monitoring workloads
If you take the Certificate, you can also take units that allow you to work towards the Level 3 qualifications in leadership and management, to help your future career progression.
Successful learners will be able to progress to the ILM Level 3 Award or Certificate in Leadership and Management.
3 – 12
Total time required for the qualification
A minimum of 30 hours
Structure of the course
There is only one 1 group from which to make your unit selection. At least 1 hour of induction and 2 hours tutorial support are also required. A minimum of 3 credits only and no more than 12 credits are required to achieve this qualification.
Units available from group 1
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader
- Improving Performance of the Work Team
- Planning and Monitoring Work
- Developing the Work Team
- Induction and Coaching in the Workplace
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Working Within Organisational and Legal Guidelines
- Providing Quality to Customers
- Using Information to Solve Problems
- Understanding Change in the Workplace
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Using Resources Effectively and Efficiently in the Workplace
- Communicating With People Outside the Work Team
- Briefing the Work Team
- Workplace Communication
- Workplace Records and Information Systems
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Leading Your Work Team
- Managing Yourself
- Enterprise Awareness
- Working with Customers Legally
- Setting Team Objectives in the Workplace
- Gathering, Interpreting and Utilising Data in the Workplace
- Methods of Communicating in the Workplace
- Satisfying Customer Requirements
- Understanding Effective Team Working
- Building an Awareness of Waste Management
- Understanding Sales in the Workplace
- Understanding the Implications of Working in an Enterprise
Other ILM Accredited Courses