For a Team Leader to be effective they need to create an open working environment. They will coach members and give meaningful, constructive and motivational feedback on their performance. The best Team Leaders have a vision of where they want to go and what they want to achieve with their teams. They lead by example and encourage greater achievement rather than demanding it.
The 2 day GBS Team Leadership course has been designed to provide new, or relatively inexperienced, Team Leaders with the confidence and techniques needed to lead their team to success and achieve their organisational goals.
Typical learning outcomes
- Describe the role and responsibilities of leadership as well as the knowledge and skills needed to perform the role
- Describe the functions of leadership and identify your own style
- Describe what motivates different individuals
- Appreciate the stages of team development and learned strategies to lead team through each stage
- List the steps in empowering your team
- Explain the importance of creating an environment where leaders motivate and empower their team
- Learned how to coach your team
- Developed a personal and a team action plan
Course format options
In House Course
Prices available on request
Other Management & Leadership Courses