There is always a reason for behaviour.
This is worth remembering because if certain conditions prevail, even previously high performing managers and employees can slip into becoming an underperformer. A skilled manager will recognise this and will attempt to diagnose what might be causing the performance issue and will work with the individual to restore or even improve performance levels.
Successful organisations understand that effective performance management is a skill. It is one that needs to be developed separately to the development of their peoples’ technical skills.
This practical GBS 2 day performance management course is designed to provide anyone in a Line Manager role with a toolkit to help them diagnose causes of poor performance and drive high performance.
Typical learning outcomes
- Explore opportunities to release latent talent amongst team members
- Value the benefits of performance management to all stakeholders
- Identify acceptable standards of performance
- Increase self -awareness about the impact own behaviour has on an individual’s performance
- Identify drivers of high performance and also triggers of underperformance
- Learn some tips and techniques to turn performance around
- Learn how to set SMART objectives
- Learn how to give feedback and deliver difficult messages
- Learn how to adapt leadership style to suit the situation
- Review each team member and considered next steps for each
- Develop a personal and team action plan
Course format options
In House Course
Prices available on request
Other Management & Leadership Courses