Arguably the most difficult career move anyone can make is the transition from being one of the team to becoming the team’s manager. You go home on a Friday as a team member and come back into work on the Monday as the new Manager!
This is often quite a daunting situation for many a new Manager as they struggle to find their way in the new order. They become not only responsible for their own output, but are now responsible for the performance, productivity and motivation of others as well.
The GBS Introduction to Management course has been designed for either newly appointed Managers, or for existing Line Managers who have had no formal training in managing people.
This course provides the skills, tools and techniques needed to manage the transition successfully and starts the journey in becoming both a confident and successful Manager.
Typical learning outcomes
- Explore the challenges in transitioning into a Management role
- Develop solutions to these challenges
- Develop a full understanding about what the role requires
- Develop a deeper understanding of the team and what drives their behaviour
- Consider own demonstrated behaviour and impact this has on team performance
- Appreciate the importance of trust and how to achieve and sustain it
- Appreciate the importance of balancing time between task, team and individual (and not just focusing on the task)
- Learn how to delegate effectively
- Learn how to adapt leadership style to suit the situation
- Know how to set motivational objectives
- Learn how to give effective feedback and had the opportunity to try out the techniques
- Learn how to coach and had the opportunity to try out the techniques
- Develop a personal action plan
Course format options
In House Course
Other Management & Leadership Courses