The Mental Health First Aid Introduction is a half day course (4 hours) designed to raise awareness of mental health.
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say they are Mental Health First Aid Aware
Typical learning outcomes
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Course format options
In House Course
Bite Sized Course
Other Personal Impact and Effectiveness Courses