Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Typical learning outcomes
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgmental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Course format options
In House Course
Bite Sized Course
Other Personal Impact and Effectiveness Courses